Thursday, December 23, 2010

Drop it like its hot

I'm actually on the ball for once in my life and looking up textbooks for my classes BEFORE they start.

I looked up the texts for my "fun" class, political psychology, and...well, a few things. First, there's 10 books for the course. The most I've read for any one course in a semester thus far is 8. I'm unsure the level of depth that will be required, but still its a lot to keep track of.

AND costs a ton; its the nontextbook books that always sell back for the least. Kids always complain about science classes being expensive, but honestly, it's the english/language/novel heavy books that cost the most because you get the least back, if you get anything at all because they tend to have rotating topics so the reading list will change every semester meaning the bookstore no longer wants last semester's books back.

AND all the books appear to be about war and leadership. Perhaps I should have seen this coming? There's books about establishing authority, legitimacy during war, books by war time heros, etc. I want to take this class to learn more about citizens in the context of the state. It looks like we'll be studying the opposite end of the spectrum. Which could be intersting but not something I entirely can justify making time for given the other constraints in my life.

Droppin' it like its hot.

No comments:

Post a Comment