Wednesday, July 1, 2009

Rabat

Between waking up late and the train taking longer than expected, I only had about 4 hours to wander Rabat. I think I’m still in Uganda mode time-wise because I keep feeling the anxious urge to start heading back around 6pm because Uganda gets pitch dark around 7:30. Yet here, it stays light until around 8:30 and people wander until late. My bad. Regardless, in the short time, I was amazed how much I was able to see and do. I wandered the Nouvelle Ville a bit, stopped for a leisurely lunch of hommus and babeganoush (or how ever the heck you spell it, apologies for the cultural-linguistic insensitivity). Then I breezed through the small and afternoon-ly deserted medina and headed for the Kasbah. I ended up stumbling on the Atlantic ocean (you’d think I would have noticed something like that on the map) and thus headed for the beach to explore for a bit before heading back up to the kasbah, which merited only about a half an hour wander. I wandered through the lush local garden for a bit and headed back to the nouvelle ville for some ice cream, wandered a bit more, and caught the evening train back. And that was Rabat.

No comments:

Post a Comment