Saturday, July 17, 2010

Any Requests?

I keep a personal journal to record my thoughts, feelings, ideas, things I personally feel the need to record for myself for any variety of reasons, so I’m a little less hung up on using this blog as a means of record keeping, and am more focused on sharing my experiences.

The problem with this is, on any given day, I have a huge range of experiences. And it all just sort of fills up in my head in a giant mass. Which I think plenty about, but not usually with any succinct goal in mind so I tend to spend most of my time quite literally “lost in thought”. And I really don’t have much of an idea what you want to hear about, so I really don’t know what angle to take in sorting through those thoughts and deciding which to share and how.

So if you have any requests, that’d be great. For both of us. It gives me the chance to think about things I might normally pass by without conscious notice, and gives you the chance to hear more about the things you’re particularly curious about.

In asking for your requests though, I have only one request. In order to ease my hesitancy to speak and not be overwhelmed by my lack of comprehension, I ask your patience and understanding towards anything I might have to say. Any angle I take on anything is obviously going to be ridden with the biases of my American background, my fundamental nature, my opinions, my previous experiences, my still developing understanding of the world, any given number of things. (And anything I do say, I can also probably say about six different ways all leading to different points depending on which things I chose to emphasize at the time of telling.) So take it with a grain of salt, I can only say how I see things. If you disagree or if I’m missing some key point or you see things another way, I’d LOVE to hear.

So please! Ask questions! Just leave a comment below or on facebook or an email or…..some mode of contact, if you have anything in particular you’re curious about!

1 comment:

  1. You know me the one with obvious questions:
    1. What was the best thing you ate on your trip?
    2. What was the most wonderful experience you had?
    3. What was the most wonderful new insight or revelation you experienced?
    4. Did you buy anything wonderful to bring home and keep the memories alive?
    5. Would you go back if you had the chance?
    6. What did you learn about the faith of the people? Did it strengthen your own faith?

    ReplyDelete