Saturday, July 17, 2010

Whoa

I can't believe I only have a week left in Jodhpur. Then a whirlwind week of Jaipur, Agra, and Delhi, and then.......NEW YORK TO SEE DOUG!!!! I basically literally entirely completely cannot wait.

But I'm also amazed there's only a week left and daunted by the prospect of having to wrap things up and then being gone. I suppose it's exacerbated by the fact that the last three weeks have been some horrible combination of being inside all day for lack of energy and abundance of dizziness or frantic report writing. So I haven't felt as immersed or like I've been out doing things as much I would like.

I still have a TON of work left to do on my report, the points I'm trying to make are difficult for me to get a handle on given that it's an extremely complex topic that I've had very limited time and exposure to, and also my particular angle took a while to sort out and the progression of the paper is extremely nuanced and airtight, I have to evaluate every sentence in context of the entire paper, meaning it can take up to an hour just to pump out a paragraph (which is usually how long a 4 page paper takes me after I've researched and outlined). Hopefully it will turn out well and I'll feel accomplished and that will make it worth the while, but there's still a long road ahead. A lack of discipline isn't helping much either, to be honest. I'm getting better though, I NEVER work in the morning, and I got up and put in 4 hours this morning before heading out to do interviews.

Regardless, I'm currently anxious about tying up lose ends and feeling ok with my experience here. Which I know is pointless to worry about, but....just sayin.

1 comment:

  1. Tell the truth what you are really homesick for is home and family and ward family here in Florida! We miss you too!

    ReplyDelete