Saturday, July 17, 2010

I Bought a Saree!

It’s absolutely beautiful. It’s sheer and sort of a dark sea green with a little turquoise thrown in and red and gold metallic shimmer throughout. The border print is big and elaborate, embroidered and sequined gold and pink flowers that intricately weave themselves all the way across the chest and over the shoulder like a climbing vine. I got mega props from my host family, which was a nice little bonus to the joyousness of the purchase.

I also got two for friends back home and both of them are so perfect for them, I can’t wait to pass them along. Shivani’s is a beautiful sheer coral with white flowers and is so delicate, it floats across the body. So perfect for her. Theresa’s is the PERFECT shade of purple and the perfect subtly draping chiffon; its bold yet elegant, also perfect for her.

No comments:

Post a Comment