Sunday, May 24, 2009

It WILL work out

I’m considering starting a section for “life lessons,” since I seem to have a lot of them (I’m a little slow on the uptake sometimes). But for now, I do feel like remarking on a lesson that seems to have been especially important for me as of late: it will work out. It took several months of hearing it repeatedly from a friend for the point to really hit home, but now that it has…woah. Total change of perspective. I used to spend hours and hours and fathomless amounts of energy worrying about possible outcomes of things that were happening in my life, trying to push and force it to go the direction I wanted and then being completely caught off guard when things didn’t turn out the way I wanted to. Now I feel that rather than spending time worrying about the outcome, take to heart the concept that no matter what happens, things will work out and thus there is no need to worry. Once an understanding of that is gained, it becomes easier to fret less and “deal” more. It allows one to keep a level head and move forward confidently, rather than spazzing out and losing control of the situation. This isn’t to say not to care about life or what happens, but rather, don’t worry about it. Further, this isn’t to say “do nothing” but rather, do what can and needs to be done and know that whatever happens, happens and no matter what, life goes on, and usually for the better, even if we don’t realize it at the time.

No comments:

Post a Comment