Sunday, May 24, 2009

Stability

exploring and wandering, seeing what I find. I like being in new and different places, having new experiences, meeting new people, etc. But one thing I think I’m beginning to realize is that while I might have an incredibly wandering mind, my body is more inclined towards the stability of consistency. Between five research conferences, a Model United Nations competition, two college visits (technically 4, but two were on the way to conferences), driving home cross country with two more visits along the way, and then barely a week at home…I haven’t been in the same place for more than a week and a half consecutively since the middle of February. That’s a long time to be on the move. For me, at least.
Admittedly, I lamented having to leave, which yes, I know sounds bratty, but whatever. I really wanted to just sit in my room, alone and peaceful without a care in the world. Instead, I’m weaving between airports and train stations, sleeping on the floor, sleeping in bunkbeds, in Paris one day, Barcelona the next, and Marseille shortly thereafter…It’s fine, but it is admittedly taxing.
I find it amusing that once I get to Uganda, it’ll be my longest time in the same place. Interesting, eh? Guess it sort of makes it seem like home…I’m looking forward to it.

No comments:

Post a Comment