Sunday, June 13, 2010

Laundry!!

Well. I did it. Laundry. All by myself. With a little supervision. But this post isn’t about proclaiming my achievements in domestic proficiency. There’s not much glory to be found in being in a hot stuffy room rinsing and wringing clothes out till your hands are prunes and your knuckles hurt. Rather, this post is to remark that there’s something to be found in standing on the rooftop, sun playing with the shadows and feeling a slight breeze, hanging clothes on the line, looking over into the neighbor’s yard as they hang their laundry also, hearing the birds, hearing the conversation down the street….it’s the most peaceful AND present I’ve felt since I’ve been here. Peace, I’ve found. Presentness, as well. But not the two together. Ahhh….feels good. Now I need to hurry up and sweat through some more shirts so I can do it again!

1 comment:

  1. Love this post. I feel the same way doing dishes by hand sometimes. Hot soapy water, fun conversation, a friend drying while I wash... heaven!

    ReplyDelete