Friday, June 18, 2010

A little lesson

It's a long story but I'm currently wading through the final edits of a journal article that I've basically written in sporadic, exhausted, 4am "just get something on paper" spurts over the last year.

I knew it was crappy at the time, and guess what, it's still crappy now, and at this point, there's not a lot of hope of rescue.

I think I was basically banking on the conceit that my crappy writing is still slightly above average at the very least, but now that I'm realizing how many grad schools want writing samples, I'm growing nervous about not yet having a masterpiece to slap on the table.


LESSON LEARNED: Quality now saves time and headaches later.

(speaking of quality, I am thoroughly enjoying Zen and the Art of Motorcycle Maintenance)

2 comments:

  1. I bet even your "emergency mode" writing is better than the average advance college student...

    ReplyDelete