Monday, October 4, 2010

Ahhhhh

-I had absolutely no school work last week (outside of reading a book for my WMST class and a 2 page response of my Global Issues class). No problem sets, no midterms, no upcoming midterms, no papers, nothing.

-I worked four RA duty shifts last week, which involved a grand total of 14 hours sitting bored stiff at a desk with nothing to study.

-I've read the one econ chapter we're working on now, twice. And taken notes on it.

-My next problem sets for either of my econ classes aren't even posted on blackboard yet and the syllabuses don't say when they'll be due, but it definitely isn't going to be this week.

-I skipped my one class Friday because midterms were coming back meaning nothing would actually get taught. I was SOOOO excited for class today because I've had nothing to do for forever, and.....class was cancelled.

-Which means I just had a 4 day weekend but had nothing to study and couldn't go hang out with people because I was on duty.

-I've read two books in three days.

-I actually emailed the global center director declaring I wasn't busy enough, begging to be put to work (we're meeting on Wednesday).

-I'm getting tired of coming up with BS things to do. "Oh maybe I should learn more about the Truman Doctrine" "oh maybe I'll write a chapter of the book that's never actually going to get finished and is thus actually a waste of time" "oh maybe I should do more job research even though my field doesn't start hiring until March." My life has been relegated to waiting for the next meal as an excuse to do something and shopping online in the interim.

-I'm going crazy here!

3 comments:

  1. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/History_of_Europe

    ReplyDelete
  2. lol, finish Guns Germs and Steel yet?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hmmm how about getting physical? Take a hike, go for a swim, borrow a bike, sit in the sun, jump in a pile of leaves!

    ReplyDelete